I've seen this guy pedaling "Mystery" boxes of Horror DVD and VHS on eBay for some time, even before I started getting heavy into tapes. More than a week ago I noticed no one had bid one of his ending soon VHS boxes, so I figured I'd throw sanity out the window, bid, and win at $9.99 with $7 shipping (free shipping my ass).
Thirteen days later which happens to be today I receive a beat up, wafer thin envelope box via Parcel Post. Presented in newspaper wrapping, I find:
- Recoil on VHS - a Family Video ex-rental with stickers on box and tape.
- The Outer Limits - The Mice on VHS, seriously man?
- Nightbreed on VHS with the Media Entertainment box and EP-speed Video Treasures tape inside. Big sticker rip on the front cover. "Like New" my ass.
- Promotional DVD mini-posters for The Hills Have Eyes Part 2 (the new abortion), Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, Savage Harvest 2, and The Host.
- Promotional postcards for The Descent, Pan's Labyrinth, and 100 Tears.
- A bag of ACT II popcorn (had to go cheap eh?)
- A booster pack of "Hecatomb" cards (?!?)
- A tiny Terminator 3 pin.
Awesome. $2.50 worth of a landslide of 3 tapes, free paper given out en masse at Horror cons, a child's card game I've already threw in the trash, a 60¢ bag of popcorn that's also trash bound, and a worthless pin. "savinifan666" is merely some nefarious rip-off artist, probably some morbidly obese 50-year-old asshole buying this shit for the price of a McDonald's value menu at a flea market on weekends...and to think I've seen these shit boxes go for $50+! Never again.
On a much better note, my copy of Severin's "banned" DVD of Malabimba: The Malicious Whore has arrived!.